The Best Ever Liver Cake
High value treats are needed for training and in our opinion live cake is the ultimate training treat! No dog will be able to resist your charms when you carry a pocketful of liver cake! Try this liver cake recipe and see for yourself!
- 450g raw liver – any but we use chicken
- 450g granary flour (or gluten-free flour for dogs with allergies or grind your own porridge oats)
- 3 eggs
- 1 clove of crushed garlic
- One teaspoon of vegetable oil
- Dash of water if needed
- Liquidise liver with eggs, milk and oil in blender until smooth. Add to flour and mix well.
- Bake in the oven for about 45 mins at 180 degrees
- Alternatively put into a microwave dish and cook on full power for about six-ten minutes.
- When cooked, the cake should bounce back when pressed lightly.
- Cut the cake into slices or small pieces and freeze. Take out of freezer when required and defrost fully before use.
Note: For dogs who cannot eat liver, you can substitute fish or tinned tuna.